Welcome to Naxos
The sky was so blue, and the sun so bright, that an eternal summer seemed to reign over this island.
Naxos is the biggest and greenest island of Cyclades in Greece. Chora, the capital of Naxos, combines a unique blend of Cycladic and Medieval architecture. According to mythology, this was the wedding island of god Dionysus, god of wine. That’s why there is a sanctuary dedicated to Dionysus in Naxos inland.
Ideal for families and couples
- Stay in a traditional mansion
- Visit Portara
- See the Castle
- Hike at Mount Zas
- Visit the Archaeological Museum
- Watersports: Windsurf, Kitesurf
- Explore traditional villages: Aperathos, Filoti, Sagri
- Sailing to the Small Cyclades
- Visit the Venetian Museum
- Visit the Folklore Museum of Apiranthos
- Visit the Geological Museum of Apiranthos
- Explore and swim at beautiful beaches: Mikra beach, Kalantos, Panermos beach, Orkos, Agiassos
- Explore hiking and trekking on Naxos Island: the network of footpaths measures hundreds of kilometers in total length.
- Go to the Olive press museum
- Bike riding: from rural roads to exciting trails and specially-designed cycling routes in various parts of the island.
Length of stay: 3 to 7 days
Flights from Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos to Naxos airport,
By ferry: from the port of Piraeus to Naxos, with travel time from 5.5 – 6 hours depending on the timetable or if you get high-speed vessel from 3.5 to 4 hours depending on the company and timetable.
For travelers to Naxos we provide two options
I can book hotels & transfers in Naxos only, or
I can provide a full experience and include:
- Breakfast included
- Guided excursions each day, customized to your interests.
Excursions may include:
- Naxos Sailing Day Cruise
- Bus Tour Around the island of Naxos
- Iraklia and Koufonissia- One Day Cruise from Naxos
- Santorini One Day Cruise from Naxos
- Delos and Mykonos One Day Cruise from Naxos
Travel time: June-September 2021
Due to COVID19 travel restrictions may change, you can check the following link for up-to-date information. https://travel.gov.gr/#/
*All prices & holidays details are subject to availability on confirmation
The above is a general overview of our inclusions. Each trip is different and the itinerary is based on season, traveler preferences and specific travel dates.
I can help you make arrangements, but does not include tickets in pricing.